Allen Insurance and Financial is committed to being a good neighbor by supporting organizations in the communities in which we live and work. We do this by buying business materials locally; by direct donations; through purchasing advertisements in publications created by local organizations and through the giving of our time to community groups and projects.
Casual for a Cause
On Fridays, each employee pays $1 for the privilege of dressing casually. The money we raise is matched by our agency and is used each Christmas season to purchase gifts and needed items for families in our communities.
Our agency has members in the Rockland, Camden, West Bay and Belfast Rotary Clubs. Our Rotarians are leaders in their clubs and in their communities. Allen Insurance and Financial offers support to each club’s largest annual fundraiser.
American Cancer Society Relay for Life
We have had a team in every Relay for Life event in Rockport since the first one. Since then, our volunteers have raised more than $50,000 for cancer research.
Our employees are members of the boards of many non-profits organizations in our communities. We serve on municipal boards and committees and boards of statewide organizations, in the insurance industry and other industries. We offer workshops in areas of our expertise and teach adult education courses. We consult with non-profits and businesses and individuals in our communities on matters of business development and marketing, safety and risk management and other areas where we have expertise.
Allen Insurance and Financial offers financial support to many non-profit events and organizations in the communities where we do business. Organizations seeking our support should deliver a written request to Jill Lang at P.O. Box 578, Camden, Maine, 04843 or send an email to email@example.com. Before you send your request, we ask you read our Corporate Giving Philosophy so you are familiar with the kinds of activities and organizations we most often support.
Corporate Giving Philosophy
Allen Insurance and Financial is committed to being a good neighbor by supporting organizations in the communities in which we live and work. We believe that by supporting organizations that help meet the core needs of our community, we are also investing in our own future.
Allen Insurance and Financial is an employee-owned company. With unlimited requests and limited funding, it is not possible to support every organization seeking our support. We make every effort to acknowledge to all requests we receive.
Our primary goal is to support client non-profit organizations which improve the health, well-being and economic vitality of our communities.
Requests for a donation from our agency should be submitted in writing and sent to Jill Lang at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 578, Camden, Maine, 04843.
These requests should include:
- A cover letter stating the amount requested and a description of the organization and the reason for the request.
- A description of the plans to promote the event or program (and the sponsors).
We tend not to fund the following:
- Organizations that do not have 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status.
- Individuals or groups raising money for a cause (i.e. walk-a-thons).
- Religious organizations unless the project benefits the community, such as a soup kitchen that is housed in a church.
- Political candidates or lobbying organizations.
- Organizations with a limited constituency, such as fraternal, labor or veteran’s groups.
- Travel by groups or individuals.
- Anti-business groups.
- Athletic scholarships.
- Donations at a national level.
- Private foundations.
- Requests from third parties or professional fundraisers.
- Organizations that advocate, support or practice activities inconsistent with Allen Insurance and Financial’s non-discrimination policies, which prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age or status as a protected veteran.
OTHER ITEMS OF NOTE
- We generally make one donation per non-profit organization per calendar year.
- Donations are not made for general operating/administrative costs.
- Those requesting support for a capital campaign may be asked to meet with us in person.
OTHER FUNDRAISING ACTIVITIES
We often find that an employee’s child or children undertake fundraising efforts and that our employees are solicited for donations.
For each dollar raised by employee donations to a child’s fundraising, Allen Insurance and Financial may match those dollars, up to a $100 donation, once per year. Each request for this match will be reviewed individually; the amount the company donates may vary. Individuals submitting these requests should include documentation of their fundraising activities and include contact information for the specific charity (name, address, phone number or email address).