Yacht/Boat, Watercraft Insurance
Because watercraft insurance is extremely complicated, the expert advice of the Allen Insurance team is an essential aid to navigating marine insurance.
Allen Insurance has been providing peace of mind to people who own boats and yachts since 1866, and is today one of the top three insurers of watercraft in Maine. We work with all competitive carriers in the field.
Because watercraft insurance is extremely complicated, the expert advice of the Allen Insurance team is an essential aid to navigating marine insurance. Here’s an example of the information we use to gauge your needs and the appropriate policy for your situation:
- Do you have a survey of your boat/yacht?
- What is the value for the hull?
- Where do you navigate your boat?
- Where to you keep you boat?
- Who captains your boat?
- What experience do they have?
- Do they have a valid driver’s license?
- What time of year do you use your boat?
- Where is it stored when you are not using it?
- Who services your boat?
- Do you have an engine on your boat if yes year, make, model, value, gas or diesel?
- Do you have a hybrid boat or an electric boat?
- Do you use your boat for towing sports skiing, tubing, Knee boarding?
- Do you have a trailer? If yes year, make, model and value?
- Do you have a dinghy? If yes year, make, model, engine hp, year make model and value of both?
- Is your boat wooden or fiberglass?
- Do you charter your boat? If so how often and do you use a charter broker?
- Do you have paid captain and crew? Allen Insurance and Financial is one of the world's top crew health specialists.
View our Marine Crew Health page.
Southwest Harbor Office
L.S. Robinson Co.