Sailors around the world are protected by the US Sailing-endorsed health insurance programs available through Allen Insurance and Financial. There are two programs: Health Insurance and an annual sickness/accident policy called Traveling Sailor.
US Sailing recommends all America’s Cup teams and US Sailing members use this GeoBlue Worldwide Program.
Health Insurance: A quality health insurance program backed by years of experience in administration of policies and claims in the U.S. and abroad.
Who qualifies for this program?
• Certified US SAILING instructor or coach
• Collegiate sailing athlete
• US SAILING Olympic Team member
• Paid as a crew or captain for racing, transport or international cruising
Enrollment timeline: For currently enrolled US SAILING members, summer is the time to renew your policy. New enrollees: Open enrollment is usually July 1 through Sept. 30. Enrollment in July and August will be effective Sept. 1; September enrollment will be effective Oct. 1.
Click for online enrollment
About the US SAILING health insurance program:
• Worldwide health insurance coverage for U.S. and Multinational expatriates, in and out of the U.S.
• Unlimited benefits and no pre-existing conditions: Full coverage, 24/7, from day one of the policy start date.
• U.S. mandates: The policy follows federal and state mandates, including any new healthcare reform mandates.
• A group contract: Allows administration to add and delete participants with ease.
• Coverage to fit your needs: From an insurance carrier who understands your industry and your profession.
Traveling Sailor: An annual, worldwide accident/sickness policy.
• Open to any member of US SAILING, any time.
• Click for online enrollment
About the US SAILING Traveling Sailor program:
• Lifetime Maximum Benefit is unlimited both inside and outside the U.S.
• $250,000 annual maximum
• $250,000 medical evacuation
• 100% coverage outside the U.S.
• Rx coverage
• Guaranteed Issue / No underwriting
• Annual premium less than $200/year if under 50
• Online enrollments
• Click for PDF flyer | Click for online enrollment
GeoBlue is the trade name for the international health insurance programs of Worldwide Insurance Services, an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
Setting the industry standard, GeoBlue’s mission is to provide peace of mind to long- and short-term global travelers by offering competitive insurance protection and technology-powered assistance, including an elite community of thousands of carefully selected, contracted doctors and hospitals in almost every country in the world as well as its signature destination databases, mobile tools and concierge-level services.
The scope of GeoBlue’s services and technology creates a complete, reliable, convenient way to keep international travelers and expats healthy and productive.
GeoBlue members enjoy: